- Mi X6
- Mi X6 (Ti)
- Mi10 AL
Super powerful rechargeable Searchlight
The Klarus RS80 is an uber powerful, rechargeable searchlight, which has been designed to break convention - it's tough, rugged and would look at home in a military setting. As with all Klarus flashlights, the design is professional and understated, but the light is powerful and efficient with a thoughtfully engineered user interface.
With a maximum output of 2680 ANSI lumens and a distance of up to 800m, the RS80 is unmistakably a professional searchlight. The power comes from 3 XM-L U2 LEDs, which are set inside deep, smooth reflectors to provide the long-range beam throw. There are 9 lighting modes, ranging from 7 lumens to 2680 lumens, as well as an SOS and strobe mode.
The RS80 is rechargeable and can be charged directly using the charging port at the side of the searchlight. The ergonomic handle design means the two buttons sit right under your thumb. These buttons give you access to on. Off and momentary-on functions, as well as mode changes, SOS and strobe. A memory function remembers the last mode you used and the disorientating strobe (the full 2680 lumens) can be accessed instantly, even when the light is off, by pressing the lower of the two buttons.
Two screw holes allow the strap rings to be fitted so the shoulder strap (provided) can be used. A standard UNC 1/4-20 screw hole at the bottom of the RS80 means it can be mounted onto a tripod and used as a freestanding lamp.
- LED Type: 3x Ultra bright CREE XM-L (U2) LED with max output of 2680 ANSI lumens and a life span of up to 50,000 hrs
- Battery:Klarus RS80 Li-ion Battery, 6600 mAh (equivalent of 6x 18650 batteries)
- Charging: A charging cable pugs into the charging port at the side of the RS80. When charging a red light appears on the charger. This turns green when charging is complete.
- Function: There are 9 light modes and 2 flashing modes - Strobe and SOS.
- Switch: Patented dual Switch operation; both switches are positioned to sit under your thumb. The first switch provides momentary-on, constant-on and off functions. The second, lower switch provides Strobe from any mode and when the light is off and also SOS. When the light is on, the main switch can be tapped for increasing the brightness and the lower switch lowers the brightness level.
- Memory Function: The RS80 has a memory function that remembers the last mode you used. So, for example, if you need low level light, you can set the torch to activate in low mode - with both momentary-on and constant-on. A very intelligent feature!
- Performance: The XM-L LEDs deliver a lot of bright light (2680 ANSI lumens) and are efficient performers due to the digitally regulated output, which maintains constant brightness.
- Protection: Reverse polarity protection circuit protects against incorrect insertion of batteries. Sealed with O-rings for excellent water resistance and improved service life. Waterproof to 2 metres and Dust Resistant to IPX-8.
- Dimension: 155.5mm (Length), 52mm (Width), 144.2mm (height)
- Weight: 900g (with battery pack).
- Finish: Tough, sealed body with HA Type III anodising.
- Colour: Gun Metal Grey
- Reflector: Smooth and deep reflectors for long beam throw.
- Lenses: Toughened, ultra clear glass
What you get
Attache case with foam insert, containing:
- KLARUS RS80 (Gun Metal Grey)
- Charging cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Screw-in attachment rings
- Spare O-ring
- User Manual with 24 Month Warranty
24 Month Warranty
This torch comes with a 24 month warranty from the manufacturer, KLARUS. See the User Manual that comes with the KLARUS torch.
- Turn Power On/ Off
Quickly press the raised button for momentary-on, press for longer for constant-on. Press the lower button for instant strobe when the searchlight is off.
- Switch Modes
When the light is on, a quick press of the raised button will step-up to the next level. A quick press of the lower button will step down. Hiolding the lower switch down will access SOS and a double-tap will access the Strobe mode.
- Memory: When the light is on for more than 3 seconds, the mode will be memorised. Turn the light off, then the next time you switch the light on it will activate with the memorised mode.
Output & Runtimes
Based on battery pack:
- Mode 1: 2680 ANSI Lumens (1.1 hrs)
- Mode 2: 2430 ANSI Lumens
- Mode 3: 2190 ANSI Lumens
- Mode 4: 1520 ANSI Lumens
- Mode 5: 930 ANSI Lumens (3.9 hrs)
- Mode 6: 735 ANSI Lumens
- Mode 7: 500 ANSI Lumens
- Mode 8: 225 ANSI Lumens
- Mode 9: 7 ANSI Lumens (430 hrs)
- Strobe: 2680 ANSI Lumens (2.2 hrs)
- SOS: 2680 ANSI Lumens (4.2 hrs)